Need Customs Brokerage, Freight Forwarding or Warehousing Services?Request a quote or
Speak with our Client Services Team »
Electronics and High Technology Industry
Does your company imports high value technology and electronics shipments?
Importing high value shipments of electronics and high technology items takes some special care and attention from your customs broker. ABC Customs Brokers will assist your company in receiving the most favourable duty and tax rates for potentially high payouts. This ever-emerging industry requires trained professionals who are experts in determining accurate Harmonized System Tariff Classifications, accurate country of origin information. Often times, high-tech and electronic companies or suppliers importing equipment or machinery experience service failures from their customs broker due to:
- Inaccurate or incomplete assessment of the correct HS Tariff classifications
- Improper analysis of the complex subject country of original manufacture, when high technology instruments and items are often assembled with components made in several or many countries.
- Questions as to the process for re-export of the equipment
- Incomplete or unclear documentation.
Contact Us for Electronics Shipments
ABC Customs Brokers will use our focused expertise in the High Tech Industry to work with your company to reduce service delays at all border ports, airports and seaports. The following services can be provided by ABC Customs Brokers to ensure exceptional customs brokerage services are received:
- Experts on the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) ensuring your company's compliance and lowest possible government fees.
- Educational seminars and workshops to assist you and your staff of understanding Canadian and U.S. Customs rules and regulations. Our facilitators host regularly scheduled seminars for our clients and non-clients. In addition, we offer customized seminars for businesses and their specific needs.
- United States Licensed Customs Brokers on staff who have a complete understanding of Canadian and U.S. Customs rules and regulations.
- Freight Services to assist with transportation of equipment, machinery, infrastructure relocation. ABC can also assist with transportation insurance.
ABC Customs Brokers has a vast list of clients involved in the High-Tech and Electronics Industry to include:
- Software development companies
- Electronic manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers
- Computer retailers and wholesalers
- Electronic gauge and dial sellers
- Machinery suppliers, retailers and wholesalers
- Telephone and satellite producers and suppliers
- Hydro electrical plants
- Electrical engineers and contractors