« Back to Seminar List
Clicking the Register Now button will redirect to www.pcb.ca for online registration.
Explore Transaction, Deductive and Residual Value
Type: In-class seminar
Name: Customs Valuation
Date: Thursday, May 10, 2018
Place: ABC Customs Brokers, 17637 1st Avenue, Surrey, BC
Presenter: April Collier
Time: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm PT
Fee: $157 CAD plus GST (per attendee)
Are you responsible for your company's customs compliance into Canada or the United States? If you are familiar with international trade then you likely know that customs valuation is only one of the many complex aspects of importing and exporting that you must consider. With so many rules surrounding each method of valuation (or appraisement) it is difficult to know which is the correct one to apply. The CBSA, CRA, CBP and IRS are completely separate government agencies that at times value goods differently than one another; therefore, in this seminar you will be walked through the definitions of each of the six methods including real-life applications for them.
- Price paid or payable
- Transaction value
- Methods of appraisement / valuation
- Deductions and additions
- Related party transactions
- First sale
- What constitutes a sale?
- Valuation pitfalls
- Monetary penalties
- Reasonable care
- Reason to believe
- What is customs valuation?
- What methods of valuation are there?
- What is transaction value?
- How do I figure out what method of valuation to use?
- What does price paid or payable mean?
- What is a related party transaction?
- What does reason to believe mean?
- What is a first sale?
"Deepened my knowledge of general info and especially on AMPS and amendments timeline." - Christopher Danton, Warehouse and Distribution Manager, Jackpot Digital
Who Should Attend
Owners, Managers, Supervisors, Coordinators, Logistics and Accounting staff of companies:
- Responsible for customs compliance
- Confused on which valuation method is correct
- Exhibiting reasonable care
- Under review by customs
Have questions or comments about this course? 888.432.5403 or email us today.