« Back to Seminar List
Clicking the Register Now button will redirect to www.pcb.ca for online registration.
Know the Difference Between a CBSA and a CFIA Release
Type: In-class seminar
Name: Canadian Food Inspection Agency
Date: Thursday, April 12, 2018
Place: ABC Customs Brokers, 17637 1st Avenue, Surrey, BC
Presenter: Gloria Terhaar
Time: 12:30 pm - 3:30 pm PT
Fee: $97 CAD plus GST (per attendee) *Discounted fee of $157 if combined with FDA.
Are you responsible for your company's customs compliance into Canada? Are your goods regulated by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)? Are you in charge of completing the customs documents for your company? Whether you are new to this or not, if your goods entering Canada are regulated by CFIA and you need an expert to take the time to answer your questions, then this seminar is for you. We will review CFIA requirements, the entry process at the border and the different reviews a shipment may undergo before release. Shipments of CFIA regulated goods cross the border and get delivered daily; however, customs cautions that this does not confirm a shipment's 'Released' status by the CFIA. If you also ship regulated goods into the U.S., consider attending our FDA seminar to receive a discounted fee.
CFIA Regulated Goods and Industries
Seafood, produce, grocery, meat, wood and lumber, horticulture, livestock, animal feed and drugs, pet food, vitamins and supplements.
- Acts and regulations
- Licensing, imports and permits
- Documentation requirements
- Wood Packaging - Canada and USA
- The customs release process
- Interaction between CBSA and CFIA
- Monetary penalties
- Surviving a customs audit
- What does CFIA regulate?
- What documents do I need for CFIA?
- What are wood packaging regulations?
- My company was selected for a customs audit now what?
- What is a confirmation of sale?
- How does the Food Safety Act affect me?
- What permits do I need for fish?
"Exceeded in clarifying customs compliance and CFIA regulations for pet food importation." - Bo Chen, Import Manager & Buyer, Lucid Distributors Inc.
"Exceeded all my expectations. Thank you!" - Enid Vadeanu, Procurement Manager, Freybe Gourmet Foods
Who Should Attend
Owners, Managers, Supervisors, Coordinators and Logistics staff of companies:
- Importing CFIA regulated goods
- Under review by CBSA and/or CFIA
- With newly hired staff
- Anyone involved in the Canadian import process
Have questions or comments about this course? 888.432.5403 or email us today.